Offshore Wind Farm Portfolio
In January 2016, SeaRoc Group were awarded the contract to provide our SeaPlanner Marine Management software, supporting services and hardware for their Marine and Helicopter Coordination Centre (MHCC) - a centralised hub for their UK offshore wind farm construction and a number of regional Operations MHCCs.
SeaRoc Group also now supports Operations and Maintenance activity for Ørsted’s operational UK offshore wind farms:
- Burbo Bank
- Burbo Bank Extension
- Gunfleet Sands
- London Array
- Race Bank
- West of Duddon Sands
- Westermost Rough
Key Client Requirements
Ørsted required a solution that would support them in centralising and standardising their entire operation, including:
- Marine and Helicopter Coordination Centre set up
- Provision of Marine Management software, SeaPlanner
- Provision of autonomous communication and logistic data systems to support projects far offshore
What SeaRoc Group Provided
- Offshore management system enabling centralised and regional support of the individual offshore sites simultaneously from standardised workstations.
- Marine, helicopter and personnel coordination across all sites.
- Voice communication between personnel offshore, vessels, helicopters and a central coordination centre across sites.
- Manage people, vessels/helicopters and personnel transfer to and from sites based on transport requests and access rights.
- Provide communication and sensor platforms/containers on multiple sites for central situational awareness and radio communication.
- Support a satellite and Tetra communication based Crew Transport Terminal on vessels and helipads for automatic people location tracking and text messaging.
" We’re very pleased to work with SeaPlanner to implement these important enhancements to our new Marine and Offshore Coordination capability. They’ve undertaken work for our projects in the past and this contract proves that having a reliable UK supplier is an invaluable asset to offshore wind in this country. "Louise Damgaard | Director, Head of Logistics Product Line in Ørsted