Offshore Wind Farms
Robin Rigg | Scroby Sands | Humber Gateway
SeaRoc Group began working with E.ON in 2012 providing GIS and associated services to their offshore wind farms Robin Rigg and Scroby Sands – this contract was extended with the Humber Gateway project in February 2018.
Key Client Requirements
- Secure online viewer displaying key site data and geophysical data.
- Analysis services to determine At-Risk cables and seabed issues based on geophysical data.
- Crown Estate Liaison in regards to geophysical data packages including the creation of MEDIN metadata.
- Ad-hoc services including analysis of current site issues, map creation, plotting of 3rd party results and data extraction requests.
What SeaRoc Group Provided
- Seabed Monitoring: Identify issues such as scour pits around turbines and any exposed or cable free span sections. Results are provided in a report with detailed charts and as a layer on the online viewer.
- Sediment Dynamics Mitigation: Calculation of volumetric changes within the seabed
- Cable Prediction: a predicted surface model for a given time supported by a summary report. The prediction will be made on the basis of the trend derived from the analysis of other data.
- 3D Visualisation: interactive 3D visualisation of the wind farm site with the latest bathymetry. A 3D visualisation enables the viewer to see how the cable relates to the current seabed conditions.
Key Benefits Experienced by E.ON
- Knowledge of the data, site’s seabed and project history
- Quick response times
- Analysis services provide an in-depth analysis of seabed conditions enabling effective decision making